After completing my first year at Tioga Contractors, LLC as a Dispatcher, I was moved into the field as a service technician assistant. My license is as a Plumber’s Apprentice. My duties and responsibilities included the following:
- Assist Plumbing Service Technicians in the conduct of their work.
- Maintaining Service Vehicles, keeping them cleaned and well organized, stocked, and in good condition.
- Assist in troubleshooting customer problems and developing solutions.
- Work with customers to understand their plumbing problem and explain the solution that was to be implemented.
- Assist Plumbing Service Technician with maintaining his schedule and keeping track of projects.
- Coordinate with the Company Office through the Customer Service Management software, Service Titan, in completing calls, tracking invoices and estimates, and scheduling follow up appointments with customers.
After working on the service side for a time, I requested to move over to working in the New Construction side of Plumbing. While working in new construction, my duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Plumbers with the conduct of their work on site during new construction projects.
- Maintain all gear and equipment, keeping trucks cleaned and organized, and collecting necessary parts and materials for construction projects.
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure all plumbing is being installed according to the prints and that all work does not interfere with other trades.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner ensuring all plumbing is installed according to appropriate code and to the blueprints provided by the customer.
- Notify Plumber of any issues and develop solutions, ensuring change orders are submitted when necessary.
After working as a Plumber’s Apprentice on New Construction commercial projects, I was moved back to the office to assist our new Glazing division as the Assistant Project Manager and Estimator. My duties and responsibilities currently include:
- Assisting the Glazing Division Manager with the proper management of all Commercial Glazing projects which includes the fabrication and installation of Storefront Windows and Entrances, Glazing (installing glass), and Break Metal Installation.
- Doing take offs on new commercial storefront and glazing projects in order to determine the material, labor, overhead, and profit for commercial new construction projects.
- Developing proposals for storefront and glazing project opportunities and submitting them to General Contractors.
- Reviewing and Assisting in the management of Storefront and Glazing contracts on new commercial projects.
- Developing material purchase orders and selecting vendors to submit orders and managing the ordering and receiving of material for new commercial storefront and glazing projects.
- Assisting the crews in the field by providing them with the necessary materials and equipment they require in the field to complete storefront and glazing new commercial projects.
- Coordinating with General Contractors and vendors to ensure the proper execution of Storefront and Glazing Project plans.
- Resolving issues and mitigating project risks through coordination with General Contractors and vendors to achieve successful completion of Storefront and Glazing Projects within cost and schedule baselines.
- Assisting the Glazing Division Manager as needed with other areas of responsibility.
I am currently still working at Tioga Contractors, LLC in this position