After completing my first year at Tioga Contractors, LLC as a Dispatcher, I was moved into the field as a service technician assistant. My license is as a Plumber’s Apprentice. My duties and responsibilities included the following:
- Assist Plumbing Service Technicians in the conduct of their work.
- Maintaining Service Vehicles, keeping them cleaned and well organized, stocked, and in good condition.
- Assist in troubleshooting customer problems and developing solutions.
- Work with customers to understand their plumbing problem and explain the solution that was to be implemented.
- Assist Plumbing Service Technician with maintaining his schedule and keeping track of projects.
- Coordinate with the Company Office through the Customer Service Management software, Service Titan, in completing calls, tracking invoices and estimates, and scheduling follow up appointments with customers.
After working on the service side for a time, I requested to move over to working in the New Construction side of Plumbing. While working in new construction, my duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Plumbers with the conduct of their work on site during new construction projects.
- Maintain all gear and equipment, keeping trucks cleaned and organized, and collecting necessary parts and materials for construction projects.
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure all plumbing is being installed according to the prints and that all work does not interfere with other trades.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner ensuring all plumbing is installed according to appropriate code and to the blueprints provided by the customer.
- Notify Plumber of any issues and develop solutions, ensuring change orders are submitted when necessary.
I am currently still working in new construction.