At age 15, I was able to acquire this summer job as a Bag Boy and Stocker at the Brookshire Brothers Grocery store in Wimberley, TX from about May 2001 to about August 2001.
As a Bag boy and Stocker, i was responsible for the following:
- Maintaining inventory on the sales floor of the store.
- Organizing the inventory in the back of the store.
- Helping customer bag their groceries.
- Helping customer out to their car to load their groceries.
- Assisting Cashiers with customer requests.
Skils I learned while at Brookshire Brothers:
- Maintaining Inventory and Merchandise Displays.
- Customer Relations
- Communication Skills
- Conflict management with customers and employees
This job taught me a great deal about responsibility, listening, handling conflict, and serving my fellow man. This being my first job opportunity, I learned what it was like to have a job, earn a paycheck, and work directly with customers.